Senior PHP Developer
Website Online Republic
As an integral part of this IT team, you will be responsible for maintaining and improving the company’s current in house applications. You need the ability to multi-task, have strong technical knowledge and a sense of humour!
What will you do?
- Build, test and implement approved work requests and projects
- Correctly develop systems and system changes that meet user requirements
- Ensure that coding and testing is performed correctly
- Follow and understand existing processes
- Work effectively and contribute to the overall success of the team
What are we looking for?
- Minimum of 5-6 years PHP development experience, with a strong focus on PHP 5 development and OO development practices
- Experience in application development (not just websites, but applications)
MySQL database experience
- HTML, CSS, UI Design experience. You must have a sound understanding of best practice cross-browser support and Web standards based development
- Experience in client-server application development
- Experience with development support tools such as Git, Mercurial, Wiki based documentation tools and project management software
- Good understanding of Linux/Unix systems and IP networking
- Strong attention to detail – especially around application security and standards
- Excellent communication skills are essential
- Logical, methodical and accurate work practices
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Further employee benefits package including subsidized gym membership, health insurance and weekly office treats (dumping days, donut/cake days, fresh fruit and more!)
- An environment where staff are supported to succeed through on-going training and development
- A seat in our stylish offices in the heart of Auckland Central
- The opportunity to learn and grow with one of NZ’s leading online organisations and a talented multi-nationality programming team
What’s The Company Culture Like? What Are The People Like?
- Put simply, our office culture is awesome!
- It has a start-up buzz, it’s youthful, we have lots of social events, we have cake days, fruit days, lunch put-on frequently (sushi, dumplings, salads, soups etc.), we subsidise your gym membership (healthy body, healthy mind) and we pay for your health insurance.
- We have a very flat structure. You can spark up a conversation with the CEO or anyone in senior management and they’ll treat you like family. No staff politics. Not egos, no BS. I promise!
- If you’ve read this far, you’re probably interested in the job. If you meet the criteria, want to supercharge your career in the digital space and work in an environment that cares more about you than your mum does, APPLY FOR THE ROLE – we want to meet you!
- Applications are open for a very short time. We’ll be making a decision fast so spruce up your CV and send it over – but if you are organised, it will be updated already!
If interested, please apply on the below link:
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.talentpropellerjobs.co.nz/job/4185968-online-republic-ltd →