Senior UX Designer
Website Online Republic
We are looking for a talented, Senior UX Designer to work alongside our growing product team. As a UX Designer at Online Republic you’ll be involved right from the start; helping to define the product vision right through to the end product; ensuring that our customers have a great experience when planning their next holiday. You will join a cross-functional agile team who is united by a passion for digital and our customers with which you will help shape the future of travel.
We are Online Republic, part of the Webjet Group based in central Auckland with 190+ staff and offices in NZ, Australia and China. We maintain our start-up vibe by encouraging new ideas and thinking, innovation and hard work whilst supporting the work life balance of our people. From our Auckland HQ we take on the world in three online travel categories: car rental, motorhome rental and cruise holidays – www.onlinerepublic.com
Is this for you?
- You have proven experience as a UX Designer, Product Designer or in a similar role
- You love travel and can bring creativity when solving challenging problems
- You have strong business acumen and the ability to work with product strategy
- The ability to clearly communicate design rationale and conceptual ideas
- Experience using data to inform design and product decisions
- An attitude that inspires and motivates, embracing challenges and new ways of thinking
- You have working experience with appropriate design tools
- Strong visual design skills are a plus
Sound like you? Let me tell you about the position then…
- Collaborate with product management, marketing and engineering teams to create designed solutions
- Generate comprehensive information architecture, wireframes, high-fidelity mock-ups, and interactive prototypes for any platform (web, mobile and apps)
- Help coordinate user research to test and adjust concepts based on user feedback
- Evaluate and refine solutions through user and stakeholder feedback
- Establish and evolve design guidelines, best practices, and standards such as our UI pattern library and style guide
- We ensure that the Online Republic workspace is setup for you to do your best work and have a great time doing so
What’s The Company Culture Like? What Are The People Like?
Put simply, our office culture is awesome!
It has a start-up buzz, it’s youthful, we have lots of social events, we have cake days, fruit days, lunch put-on frequently (sushi, dumplings, salads, soups etc.), we subsidise your gym membership (healthy body, healthy mind) and we pay for your health insurance.
We have a very flat structure. You can spark up a conversation with the CEO or anyone in senior management and they’ll treat you like family. No staff politics. Not egos, no BS. I promise!
If you’ve read this far, you’re probably interested in the job. If you meet the criteria, want to supercharge your career and work in an environment that cares more about you than your mum does, APPLY FOR THE ROLE – we want to meet you!
Applications are open for a very short time. We’ll be making a decision fast so spruce up your CV and send it over – but if you are organised, it will be updated already!