Senior PHP Developer
Website Online Republic Group Limited
Global Travel eCommerce Group
We are growing and are on the hunt for a new Senior PHP Developer to join our IT team.
You will be responsible for maintaining and improving the company’s current in house applications. You need the ability to multi-task, have strong technical knowledge and a sense of humour!
Who are we?
- Online Republic is part of the Webjet Group and is a global e-commerce based travel company.
- We book over $200 million in car rentals, motorhome rentals and cruise holidays globally and are rapidly expanding in multiple markets and directions.
- We have 200+ staff in NZ, Australia, China, Manila and London
- We are an entrepreneurial Kiwi company that encourages new ideas and thinking, innovation and hard work whilst supporting the work-life balance of our staff
- Find out more at onlinerepublic.com
What are we looking for?
- Minimum of 5-6 years PHP development experience, with a strong focus on PHP 5 development and OO development practices
- Experience in application development (not just websites, but applications)
- MySQL database experience
- HTML, CSS, UI Design experience. You must have a sound understanding of best practice cross-browser support and Web standards based development
Experience in client-server application development
- Experience with development support tools such as Git, Mercurial, Wiki based documentation tools and project management software
- Good understanding of Linux/Unix systems and IP networking
- Strong attention to detail – especially around application security and standards
- Excellent communication skills are essential
- Logical, methodical and accurate work practices
What will you do?
- Building, testing and implementing approved work requests and projects
- Correctly developing systems and system changes that meet user requirements
- Ensuring that coding and testing is performed correctly
- Following and understanding existing processes
- Working effectively and contributing to the overall success of own team
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Further employee benefits package including health insurance and weekly office treats
- An environment where staff are supported to succeed through on-going training and development
- The opportunity to learn and grow with one of NZ’s leading online organisations and a talented multi-nationality programming team
If you would like to apply, please use this link! https://www.talentpropellerjobs.co.nz/job/4818116-online-republic-ltd
To apply for this job please visit www.talentpropellerjobs.co.nz.